Thursday, November 26, 2009

Analysis of the Long-Range Plan

I am excited at all the technology goals the State of Texas has for us.  While they are lengthy and in depth I am proud that our State is raising the standards to meet the needs of the 21st century student.  So many things go into the Long-Range Plan.  I really like that we are thinking about students individual needs and not looking at them as a one plan fits all.  The 21st centrury learner needs their content to be individualized. They are already technology savvy. The realilty is that they will be using technology that is not only digital but has not yet been invented. 
Technology is powerful and can impact students learning.  However, without proper teacher preparation the goal will be lost.   Teachers must learn to use and incorporate technology in their classrooms. Professional development in this area is a must.  If you only give them the equipement but do not train them on not only how to use it but the importance and student benifits all will be lost.  I believe that the majority of teachers want what is best for their students.  If they know that technology is a powerful tool that can boost student performance, help them to be more engaged, and provide them with more opportunities such as dual credit and advanced placement, they will be willing to learn and use this technology. 

My new learning of this long-range plan has set the foundation for how I, as an instructional leader ,will guide the use of technology on my campus.  I feel that leaders must set the standards for what they expect from others.  Leaders must do exactly that “lead” others to see the possibilities that come with technology. They must be using technology themselves with the faculty as well as for student data. 
It is also important that Administration  fund and provide the use of technology in schools to give our students the best chance to respond to the educational challenges set before them.

No comments:

Post a Comment